Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Monday 18 October 2010

Bicentennial Blog...

Nope, not a remake of the not-so-seminal Robin Williams robot drama, but rather this is, unbelievably, the 200th post on this blog. How has it been? To quote the immortal Dan from Him & Her played by the magnificent Joe Wilkinson 'peaks and troughs, peaks and troughs'.

So, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to forc- suggest you read some of the classic blogs.

There was last Christmas' essay on my favourite horror tales, which seems all the more appropriate given both the repeats of Mark Gatiss' fantastic Crooked House and his equally brilliant History of Horror, this was followed a mere month later by a blog about a new miniseries concerning the Borgias (which as yet doesn't seem to have materialised) (vintage me for all you blog fans). We saw the first Twilight film and my cogitations on that subject (a bit like a far superior text-based version of Vampires Suck), followed by the sequel. There were some seminal FriPics like Lambing Live (yet to be sued), the Election (the government hate me) and Modern Art (I'm definitely right about this) all as prescient today as they were, ooh, several months ago.

The lifetime of the blog has seen the Winter Olympics (I had a lot to learn about Curling at that point...), a Eurovision, the broadcasting of the series Spartacus: Blood & Sand, the World Cup, both Junior Apprentice and real Apprentice and a highly academic post about comedy (that's academic as in scholarly rather than irrelevant).

So, here's to the next 200 posts of cult comedy, cynicism and various other c-words!

(If anyone has any personal favourites ((though I'm sure you've all got better things to do with your lives)) feel free to leave a comment. You followers are all brilliant)

No comments:

Post a Comment