Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Wednesday 20 October 2010

Help...!

This is somewhat of a plea, even though I don’t really enjoy asking for aid through the medium of this blog (although some would say the entire thing is a ‘cry for help’).Essentially, I need your aid for this.

Since I discovered this summer that Edinburgh is basically the best thing since sliced bread, I've been enormously keen to go there in a professional capacity, despite the fact that it's possibly the least financially viable idea known to man. However, Ideastap have been crazy enough to offer the incentive of stumping up a cool 10 grand to two new productions. Now, Ideastap are notorious for making some odd funding decisions (one need only look at the winners of last months Editor's Brief), but it's surely worth a bash.

So what's the project, well, to put it simply, I've no idea BUT we have more than a month to work it out. Is hoping for a perfect blend of young comedy talent, performance poetry, short films and sketches to prove to facile toff commentators like Quentin Letts that young British comedy is in fact in rude health too much to ask?

So, if you're a comedian/poet/director/writer between 18 and 25, drop me a message and we'll see if we can't bloody get to Edinburgh.

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I'm more than happy to help, either as a performer or to tech for you if you make it.
    Having never really done comedy type stuff i'd probably be best teching if that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete