Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Monday 4 October 2010

Bleurgh...

You know how sometimes you're in a motorway services at 7:45, having got up at 5:30 and you think 'I know what'll sort me out - a black coffee' and so you head to a coffee chain (let's call them, I don't know... 'Rica') and grab a medium Americano? It's never as good an idea as it sounds.

You go for the medium, thinking '"medium" is normal-sized, right? That's how it works.' Not necessarily. They guilt trip you into buying a medium because no-one wants to ask for a small, no-one. Medium is only 'medium' because the 'large' Americano is large enough to drown a toddler in (again, I'm not advising this...), it's a large by any normal person's standards.

The caffeine then takes its toll on everything it can. Brain, bladder... all the b's, essentially. You will also spend the next 3 or 4 hours being twitchy and convinced that you're suffering from palpatations.

This is essentially a long-winded way of saying, I feel a bit bleurgh so today's blog won't be very good. Still, Spooks tonight, so at least tomorrow's will look after itself. (I mean, I still have to watch, remember what happened and come up with a concise and witty article about it, but it basically writes iself... well, I mean, I still have to write it... but... ok, it's all me. ALL ME)

No comments:

Post a Comment