Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Monday 25 October 2010

This Thing...

Right, better do one of these things. I'm quite tired, insomnia, feeling ill and having to get up at 8 are not happy befellows. Do I have diabetes? I might have diabetes... Anyway, today's not about diabetes per se, but rather about John Peel.

Unbelievably it's been 6 years since the definitive disc jockey and music journo John Peel left this confusing world of nonsensical hip-hop and mass-produced rubbish from Cowell's high waistband and frankly who can blame him? One cannot overstate the impact that Peel had on the British music scene. Any presenter that does not count him as an influence is either a liar or not worth listening to anyway. While he may have supported the wrong team, he was nonetheless a towering genius. There isn't really much else to say.


He had diabetes, you see. Hence the tenuous link...

Essentially, Peel was and is a legend and we shall never see his like again.


I'm getting very bad at these...

I'm sure things will pick up again soon, particularly if, say, someone fancies handing me a job in the media in some capacity...

No comments:

Post a Comment