Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Monday 3 May 2010

TYSIC - Older and Wiser...?

Well there were two celebrations over the weekend, one was Or So I Thought...'s hundredth post and the other was my birthday. So over the course of 100 (hopefully) funny ramblings, the blog has evolved from a few random points to structured culture moral toss arguing with the occasional bit of improvised comedy. Which is probably more than I can say for myself.

As for me, do I feel older? Not especially. My neck hurts a bit more than usual, but I'm still too skinny, I'm still rubbish at eating in public (there's pressure, I get nervous, that makes me feel sick and not exactly hungry... I digress), I've still achieved very, very little and now I have an extra year to tag onto that legacy of procrastination and failure. That said, I hope that I have at least provided some entertainment in my time and that is why it's as good a time as any for a TYSIC update.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, not a whole lot of progress has been made. I'm part way through a rewrite of the sitcom script, first draft of a co-authored miniseries project is nearly finished, I've arsed about with a few chords and some lyrics and the closest I've been to Ireland is Liverpool. As you can see, not a whole lot of progress, but then this is the 10 Year Self Improvement Challenge and seeing as that's a fairly heft percentage of my life so far, I'm still hopeful of achieving things come 2020 (which incidentally is what I hope my vision will still be by the end of the challenge).

I shall endeavour to add a few reviews onto the blog (by which I mean reviews of films or TV shows... or other people's reviews a la my character assassination of Christopher Tookey from a few weeks ago, as opposed to just reviewing my posts, I might be a touch egotistical, but that be a trifle too much, I suspect) over the coming weeks (I have hopes of being able to actually make some manner of living out of being cynical and loquacious at some point and will need some manner of experience and portfolio to present to an employer, instead of just turning up to the interview and ranting until they inevitably give the job to someone who they already know or who is already rich and famous - not that I'm still bitter about recent events or anything...) so I hope at least to steer you towards the classics and push you away from the turkeys before it's too late. That means having to go out and watch films, watch TV and listen to music so you don't have to... it's a hard life, I know...

Have a good Bank Holiday Monday (yeah, that's right, I still blog on bank holidays. Take that, banking sector!) and thanks to all the followers who sent me birthday messages, lovely people that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment