Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Monday 17 May 2010

Diversification...

No, I'm not a farm, but it would seem that diversification was something that took up this weekend. (Don't hate me for it, I'm simply trying all avenues to make a living before Cameron takes all my money/job prospects).

Essentially, it involved uploading all of the (non-copyright infringing - sorry Lambing Live, you're just for this blog) videos to the brand spanking new Youtube channel and thanks to you folks out there I'm the 85th most viewed comedian on Youtube today and the 58th most subscribed to this week (with a massive 4 subscribers...).

Next came the leap of faith, the election video uploaded to Funny or Die, where it holds a pretty tasty 91% funny rating (which I know is mostly down to you lovely people who read this or follow me on Twitter). So here are a few simpler ways to enjoy the previous Friday Pictorials (should you want to, I imagine once is enough for some of them...) .

Anyhow, that's just a bit of shameless self-promotion, what I actually came here to talk about, if you'll let me get a word in edgeways, was the issue of the new 55% majority required to dissolve parliament (no, not taking a vat of sulphuric acid to Bootsie Collins and George Clinton, but calling an election), something that the Con-Dems call 'fixed-term parliament'. This struck me as odd, as only the coalition is capable of dissolving parliament, meaning that they can be in power for as long as they want. 'Democracy', don't you just love it(?) My first thought on this was that it seeked to make the other parties powerless and obsolescent (if not obsolete) in the way the notorious Enabling Act of the Nazi government. Naturally I don't propose that the Con-Dems are on par with the Nazis, it was simply what flagged up in my head after first hearing about this '55%' majority business. It was surely blatant disregard for both the constitution and the electorate.

I feel somewhat vindicated in my feelings after reading Charlie Brooker's column in today's Guardian in which he bemoans the coalition for not being the hateful Tory government that would have at least allowed us to mourn instead of this... thing, whatever it is. In the column he too makes reference to the Enabling Act, albeit in exaggerated jest with a brief caveat. That said, at least the thought must have crossed his mind, so I can't be completely crazy, can I?

Alright, I can...

Alright, I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment