Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Tuesday 13 July 2010

Fashion is Danger...

Right, this'll be another short one, as I'm called away to rehearse for a show as part of HADCAF (the very same festival that allowed me to chat to one of my comedy heroes Alex Horne last week). Now, this isn't the kind of show you'll be used to seeing me in. In fact, it's a fashion show, which me and my friend (the radio presenter) have somehow been coerced into presenting.

I'll come out and say it. I know sod all about fashion. I've never seen the attraction of Size Zero and I've never watched America's Next Top Model, nor do I understand why anyone would spend more than, say, £20 on a t-shirt. A stumbling block, one might imagine (but then one would be forgetting me and my friend the radio presenter's ability and indeed propensity to bullshit our way through upwards of an hour of stage time). That said, it would help if we perhaps had some basic grounding. We are yet to be informed, what exactly it is that we are supposed to do. Whether we have to just introduce things and keep people entertained or do a kind of Jason WhatshisfaceoutofoffofThisMorning and describe the 'lovely maxi dress that Suzie's wearing, made entirely of hemp' or however it works.

I would imagine all will be revealed tomorrow. I hope. Me and my friend (the radio presenter) do have form for being called in to drag disastrous shows kicking and screaming towards the right side of competency, but then a fashion show? I fear it may be a bridge too far... If anyone needs me, I'll be reading the entire archive of Ask Hadley on the Guardian website...

Feel free to post messages of advice, you'd be hard-pressed to know less about clothes than me...

Oh, and a quick 'Get Well Soon' to friend of the blog Simone.

No comments:

Post a Comment