Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Tuesday 14 September 2010

Where's the Beef... Oh She's Wearing It...

Apparently some people have only just noticed that Lady Gaga is off the wall mental. To cut a long story short, the diminutive songstress turned up to MTV VMAs (which, to be fair has a track record for this sort of thing with, only last year, Kanye's God Complex becoming just too powerful to allow Taylor Swift to accept an award in peace) in a dress made out of meat.

Meat, of course, being the primary tailoring material for centuries... oh, hang on, no it isn't. You don't wear raw meat to an awards ceremony, you mentalist, this isn't a Tom Green film. Naturally PETA have blown their motherflipping top over this. Now, I must confess that I don't subscribe to the vegan thing, I don't have superpowers (we all love referential comedy...), but even I can tell that wearing a meat dress is a pretty stupid idea. Not least because it's highly unappealing to look at and I can only imagine that feeling the cold flesh of mutilated animal against your skin isn't the most pleasant sensation in the world.

Now, no-one would expect Lady Gaga to turn up in something normal (which ironically would actually be a much more effective and impactful statement), hell, next time she might just cut her losses and turn up wearing a hollowed out deer, however I can't help but feel that perhaps she could have considered maybe silk or, if you simply must go down the food route, tapioca or something.

Also, pretty much all her songs sound the same. A fact highlighted particularly well by any montages of her songs performed on dreadful TV talent shows. I mean they're catchy, but not to my taste really... and they all sound the same. This is in no way a personal attack on Ms. Gaga (I'm now refusing to use her honorific title), in fact I remember reading a brilliantly insightful and frank interview by Caitlin Moran that displayed Gaga as personable, self-deprecating and very human indeed, however I don't understand why she couldn't have popped into Tesco, say, and bought a cheap and cheerful little number not hacked and stitched from the flesh of a sentient being.

No comments:

Post a Comment