Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Thursday 2 September 2010

Continued Edinburgh Musings...

So after a frankly brilliant 3 weeks at the Fringe, what did we learn, kids? Well, aside from learning that fame is somewhat like Twitter (the already famous/well-followed get more famous/well-followed exponentially, but the minorities or cult figures struggle to carve out any influence - See: millionaire and American youth Bo Burnham), we (by which I mean 'I') learnt that I would definitely love the whole 'comedian' spiel - to the extent where I've already run up a Powerpoint presentation (my lameness knows no bounds).

We also learnt that free drinks are indeed possible, though not always consistently. (Have since meditated that the whole 'free drink' period occurred mostly when I was on my own. Sympathy drinks, I suppose).

Another key fact was that comedians, on the whole, are very nice people with a lot of time for their fans.

Several wider facts: Murdoch's greed is insatiable. Not content with charging for the Times Online, everyone's favourite Mr. Potato Head made flesh Rupert Murdoch decided to pull Sky Sports News from Freeview to add a new SSN HD channel. Yes, that's right, high definition for two people sat in a studio. Not since the forefront of the day's technology or 'gadgets' was thrust into, out of an entire force, a dimwitted police 'inspector' has their been a more drastic, collective pissing of resources up the walls of television.

I say 'several', I have become sidetracked and consequently forgotten what the rest of the points were. They may come back to me, they may not. We just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment