Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Tuesday 16 March 2010

Using Chatroulette For the Powers Of Good...

That title may seem a tad anachronistic, but that's exactly what Merton, a self-taught pianist is doing. Cut through the cock and the weirdos and you'll find this jolly musical chap plink-plonking away in real time. To my shame I only discovered him yesterday and he only has one compilation video up. He's impressive, I'll give him that and he's seems to have broken the 'ones that scar people for life are the best ones' Chatrt mentality.

To see him improvising a song for each stranger that he's connected to is remarkable. Playing away like a mad internet Jermaine Clement, he makes canny observations about them a improvises songs from nothing. He's become a Twitter sensation and the video's gone viral - this could well be the beginning of a new internet meme and I for one would like to see more improvisational music there. Who knows what would have happened when I faced off with cat-stroking Bond villain had I had my trusty guitar in my hand (probably nothing, I imagine I still would have chickened out).

Anyway, this is another short one, I'm afraid. Largely because of an unholy trinity of me having new projects to work on (update in Thursday's weekly TYSIC section), not a great deal happening in the world and the Indian Premier League being shown for free on Youtube. There appears to be a big delay on the stream, but I'm getting sucked in nonetheless. Robin Uthappa just made an astonishingly quick 50, hacking away like an Indian Garry Sobers (resisting urge to make a 'holy slogging, Bat-man!' joke), before promptly getting out. "Those who burn twice as bright, burn for half as long" and so on and so forth...

No comments:

Post a Comment