Endorsements

"It was the most offended I've ever been by a Killer Whale story." Mrs. Trellis of North Wales

"I liked the video bit, that was quite good." J. Stephenson of Tucson, Arizona.

"Nope, never heard of it." Business Secretary, Vince Cable MP


Friday 10 July 2009

This Week

So, here I am watching This Week, BBC 1's irreverant look at the political and newsworthy issues of the previous week, or so I thought...
Quite frankly, despite the presence of two politicians AND Andrew Neil, This Week is more akin to The One Show than The Daily Politics. Alright, so what's the problem with that? Well, I have nothing against a light-hearted look at serious issues, however the show does spend an excruciating amount of time focusing on Abbot and Portillo who are sat uncomfortably close (to the point where it seems that they should be holding hands) on a sofa that is patently big enough for Portillo to scoot several times to his left. Abbot jokes about the Credit Crunch, while Portillo sits, louche and brooding- so louche, in fact, that one expects him to scratch his crotch at any given moment. Neil watches proceedings with an air of disinterest, presumably thinking 'roll on next week's PMQs'. And who can blame him?

Anyway- rant (and indeed show) over. This is the first post in what I hope may be a mildly amusing blog for your delectation (though in reality it is a glorified method by which I can subject you to my sometimes witty, often vitriolic and always controversial opinions). Hope it didn't get too Machiavellian for you- let me know what you think by leaving a comment or dropping me an email and feel free to send any suggestions for blog topics, I shall endeavour to rant endlessly about whatever your particular likes, dislikes, gripes, gropes and indeed grapes (sour, of wrath, or otherwise) may be.

If you have been, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment